To save this page to your bookmarks
On a Windows device: Windows key + D
On a Mac: CMD + D
On a mobile device: Look for the star icon
In this section, you will need to select YES or NO to all answers, apart from 4.2 where you will have the option of uploading a copy of your Club Safeguarding policy.
To upload a cop of this policy you need to click on the Red paper icon highlighted.
In the pop-up box that appears, you then need to change the document type to Supporting document instead of Generated by COMET.
You then need to click the Choose button and upload your Clubs Policy by double clicking on it wherever it is saved on your device.
It is very often the case at the beginning of each season that new clubs will form across Wales.
Given the dynamic nature of this occurrence, certain Area Association users will be able to set these up very easily.
As a League organisation, if you are aware of any new clubs seeking to join your league and are satisfied they meet the required criteria to join, you are able to ask your Area Association to do this.
The FAW will then need to set up the relevant users for that club. This can be requested by logging a help ticket or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To set up new club users, the FAW will need the name and email address of the person.
To set up a new club, the relevant Area Association official will need to go onto the Clubs tab on COMET and then select the New Club button.
They will then just need to add the following:
1. The address of the Club Secretary/Main contact by adding the post code and then clicking the magnifying glass to select the relevant address. If for any reason the address doesn't appear, it can also be typed manually if needed, but the post code is the most accurate and effective way to link the address.
2. The name of the new club, making sure to type the same in the Name and Long Name box. You then start typing the main relevant Area Association the club will be playing under in the Organisation box. The Type will then always remain as Football Club.
3. Pressing Save to make sure the club is created.
At this point the club will now be created.
The Area Association official can add the date of foundation as the day added and also upload the club logo in the documents section if they had a copy and wished to do so, but this is something the clubs can also do and it needs to be added when they are getting the club set up and ready on COMET.
As mentioned at the beginning, although the club has been created at this point, the FAW will still need to add the main user for the club.
Once the help ticket or email has been sent to comet support with the person's name and email, the FAW will then go in and add this person to the club. They will then get an email from email@example.com (check their junk also) and will now be able to log in for the club.
As a default, the FAW will provide the Club Manager, User Creator and Club Licensing Club Responsible user roles to this main person which will give them full club access on the system. They don't need to tick any other user roles as they are all covered with these three.
Once confirming to a club that they have been set up, in order to ensure they are able to use COMET effectively, please direct them to this website to read and view any key guides and videos they will need to get started.
The key sections include:
- How to create new users for the club and edit user roles
- How to add club information such as teams, kits, club logo
- How to register players, coaches, staff and officials
- How to affiliate to a League, Areas Association and/or the FAW
- How to enter Competitions
- How to make payments
- How to use the COMET matchday apps and/or web version to fill in match events and information
All of these things are covered on this website and will greatly assist them to be able to operate on COMET effectively.
Home page - https://cometsupport.faw.cymru/
Clubs page - https://cometsupport.faw.cymru/clubs/